How to Store Furniture in Burton-on-Trent
If you need to store furniture pieces, from sofas to wardrobes, you may consider your private garage, shed, loft or spare room. However, this may not be the most practical solution if you’re struggling for space at home or if your garage, loft or outside shed is prone to damp conditions.
SureStore offers secure Burton storage solutions for your furniture. Our professional home storage units are designed to keep your furniture safe, clean, and dry. Whether you require a short-term or long-term self-storage solution, we have got you covered.
Why choose SureStore Burton for furniture storage?
When it comes to storing furniture, our Burton self-storage facility offers a perfect solution. Our self-storage units at SureStore Burton can be used to store furniture for a wide range of reasons:
- If you’re decorating your home or carrying out a renovation project, no matter the size, our self-storage units will keep your furniture and upholstery items free of brick dust, paint or plaster. You’ll also benefit from more space while you work on the property and can then move the furniture back into your home room-by-room once complete.
- If you’re decluttering or downsizing and need additional furniture storage in a convenient Burton location.
- If you’re renting your home and need to put your furniture and other personal possessions into self-storage for the duration of the tenancy.
- If you’re moving home in the Staffordshire area and have experienced delays in the buyer’s chain and need self-storage until you get the keys to the new property.
- If you’re experiencing a divorce or separation and need a safe and secure space to keep your furniture items and other belongings during the process.
When you choose SureStore Burton for furniture storage, you’ll also benefit from peace of mind that your furniture is safe and secure. Our self-storage facility boasts a state-of-the-art security system with 24/7 CCTV, individually alarmed units and unique key-code entry for secure access.
How to choose a Burton self-storage unit
Our self-storage units can store anything from white goods to wooden furniture pieces, armchairs, desks or even the entire contents of a 5-bedroom family home. Get the most out of your furniture storage solution and avoid any damage by choosing the right-sized Burton self-storage unit.
Use the SureStore size guide and choose a Burton self-storage unit to suit your needs, ranging from 10sqft to 275sqft in size.
Van Hire at SureStore Burton
SureStore also offers convenient, instant van hire in Burton-on-Trent. We’ve teamed up with Hertz 24/7, so you can transport your furniture to and from our self-storage facility, hassle-free.
Our Burton van hire services start from just £16 per hour or £75 per weekday, plus the cost of fuel. Download the Hertz 24/7 app today and move your furniture into storage at SureStore Burton.
How to clean and store furniture in self-storage
Before putting your furniture pieces into self-storage, it’s important to ensure they are clean and prepared to be stored correctly.
Here’s how to clean and store furniture in self-storage:
- Clean all furniture items and make sure that they are free of dirt before being placed into self-storage.
- Use soapy water to clean wooden furniture, and then apply wax. You may also need to treat wooden furniture for woodworm or other infestations if necessary.
- Vacuum to remove any debris or crumbs, and use upholstery cleaner on fabrics
- After cleaning, make sure all furniture items are thoroughly dry to avoid any damp or mould developing.
- Polish any silver or metal items to reduce tarnish and keep them in good condition.
- Be mindful of stacking heavy furniture items in storage and avoid keeping sofas on their side as they are not built to withstand the weight that way and it could cause structural damage.
Box Shop & Packing Supplies at SureStore Burton
Our on-site Box Shop at SureStore Burton offers an extensive range of packing supplies. Get everything you need to store your furniture safely using the click-and-collect service.
Purchase dust covers for protecting armchairs, mattresses, sofas and other furniture items. Our Burton box shop also sells stretch wrap and bubble wrap for protecting fragile furniture pieces as well as transit blankets to prevent any damage during transportation to and from your self-storage unit.