Skip to content
Need Some Handy Storage & Packing Tips?
- To maximise space, stack similar sized boxes together.
- Do not overfill boxes as they may tip topple when stacked.
- Heavy items should be packed into small boxes so they are easy to carry.
- Label or number boxes for easy reference.
- Make a list of your stored items and keep it in a safe place. This can also be used for your insurance inventory.
- Protect your fragile goods in bubble wrap or packing paper.
- Garden equipment should be cleaned.
- Wardrobe boxes allow you to store your clothes on hangers to keep their shape.
- Plan your storage space. Make sure you leave access to those items that you need to get to most often.
- Place heavy items on the floor, not on sofas or mattresses.
- Leave fridge & freezer doors open for ventilation.
- Always place a protective cover over your soft furnishings.
- Cover your goods with sheets to protect from dust.
Talk to a consultant